Sunday, November 14, 2021

Not according to plan

 It's not plain sailing, just running through an idea from end to end. A story from our chassis maestro who's been lent a StereoPi to test

On trying to set up WiFi on the StereoPi I got an error message: "No wireless LAN interfaces found". So I went on the Internet and found dozens of different 'solutions', and tried several of them without success. Then I had a cup of coffee, and, while drinking it I had a thought. I checked the spec. of the StereoPi and discovered that this version just doesn't HAVE any wireless LAN interfaces. I plugged in an old WiFi dongle, and it worked instantly. Aaaaargh

But how did it do...?

Using openCV on StereoPi V1 (=CM3, +3B+) in stereo with minimal processing

1280x480  9fps

640x240   18fps

384x144   18fps

And the compute module 4 is available from Radio Spares, hang on, for 22/May/2022 

In other news the Hungry Cattle challenge test attachment was under construction, the first 3D print produced a hopper. 


Next was supposed to be the rotating valve part, but it turned out to be made of sponge, the reason being that the hot end on the 3D printer was getting very clogged. It is now an ex-hot end.

Heating and trying to disassemble was no better than doing it cold, it was completely clogged, the thread tight as well. The final, 'I will tear this apart' attempt in a vice just crushed the tube, it wasn't moving.

No spares, so I now await replacements, though what I'm going to do with the six that are coming in a pack I'm not sure, this has lasted me years. 



1 comment:

  1. Actually John, for future reference, I have a mini blowtorch designed for doing flambé, which melts even the most stubborn filament. You are welcome to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete